Excerpts Washington Post, "At the Vatican, leaders pray for Mideast peace." 6/9/2014:
1. Pope Francis brought together the presidents of Israel and the Palestinian Authority on Sunday at the Vatican to join in prayer and promise to seek peace - though their governments are officially not talking.
2. Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian Mahmoud Abbas concluded the two-hour meeting by kissing each other on the cheek and then planting an olive tree.......
3. "Peacemaking calls for courage, much more so than warfare," Pope Francis said...........
4. Still, the prayer summit was a remarkable show of the new pope's intention to mix spiritual matters with real-world diplomacy.
5. During the service, Jewish, Christian and Muslim prayers were recited in English, Italian, Arabic and Hebrew. The words were intended to thank God for His creation, to seek forgiveness for the failure to act as brothers and sisters, and to ask for peace in the Holy Land.
(IMHO, Such top-level Interfaith Leadership and Political Diplomacy sets a good example for "bottom up/us/all" cyberpeacefare).