"1. McWorld is the universe of manufactured needs, mass consumption and mass infotainment. It is motivated by profits and driven by the aggregate preferences of billions of consumers.
2. Jihad is shorthand for the fierce politics of religious, tribal and other zealots.
3. Although some countries or part of countries fit into one or the other category, Jihad and McWorld are not so much places as reactions to experience and attitude of minds.
4. Only the globalization civic and democratic institutions is likely to offer a way out of the global war between modernity and its aggrieved critics, for democracy responds both to Jihad & McWorld.
5. It responds directly to the resentments and spiritual unease of those for whom the trevialization and homogenization of values in an affront to cultural diversity and spiritual and moral seriousness. But it also answers the complaints of those mired in poverty and despair as a consequence of unregulated global markets and of a capitalism run wild because it has been uprooted from the humanizing constraints of the democratic nation state.
6. The outcome of the cruel battle between Jihad and McWorld will depend on the capacity of moderns to make the world safe or women and men in search of both justice and faith, and can be won only if democracy is the victor.
1.1 Jihad: A Muslim holy war or spiritual struggle against infidels; a crusade or struggle. (American Heritage Dictionary, 4th ed.)
1.2 Jihad: Religious warfare or a war for the propagation or defense of Islam; a campaign or crusade in some cause. (Oxford English Dictionary.
1.3 It should be noted that a jihad is a struggle, crusade or campaign "in some cause" , generally, as well as "Muslim holy war" e.g. good jihad for "world peace and planet survival" by us-all.
2.1 Excellent Book - New York Times BestSeller.
2.2 Looks at both sides of the argument/viewpoints.
2.3 Need Good Jihad to combat Terrorists Jihad.
2,4 Means of combat: World-Wide Web/Social Media/UpU&MeUsAll.
2.5 NEED "WIN HEARTS AND MINDS"
3.0 #Cyberpeacefare - #CyberPeaceCitizens