Please join us for the official launch of the WJP Rule of Law Index® 2014, a report that measures how the rule of law is experienced by ordinary people around the world.
Our latest release of the Index relies on surveys gathered from over 100,000 citizens and experts worldwide to offer a comprehensive look at a country’s performance in regards to fundamental rights, justice, security, corruption, governance, and other rule of law issues.
This year’s Index includes:
- New data: Updated scores and rankings for 99 countries across 8 primary rule of law indicators and 47 sub-factors.
- Additional countries: Afghanistan and Myanmar appear in the Index for the first time.
- Data visualization: New country profiles that are easier to read and understand, and a new online data visualization of the data that brings the numbers to life.
- Changes over time: For the first time, the Index will include reporting on significant improvements and deterioration in rule of law adherence worldwide.
- Global and regional key findings: Global highlights and an analysis of regional strengths, rule of law challenges, best and worst performers, and trends to watch.