The International Association for Promoting Geoethics (IAPG) is a multidisciplinary, scientific community and aims at creating awareness about application of ethical principles to theoretical and practical aspects of Geosciences.
The IAPG is affiliated to the IUGS - International Union of Geological Sciences, AGI - American Geosciences Institute, GSA - Geological Society of America, GSL - Geological Society of London and GIRAF - Geoscience Information in Africa Network.
The IAPG is legally recognized as a not-for-profit association, has members in 104 countries in 5 continents, and can count on a network of 20 national sections.
The IAPG aims to promote Geoethics values and principles through international cooperation, encouraging the involvement and debate of geoscientists, especially those belonging to less developed countries, and assuring a good coordination among these nations. The IAPG intends to foster the dissemination of Geoethics through a dedicated website, the publication of scientific papers, the organization of meetings and sessions/symposia on Geoethics within national and international geoscientific events.
The IAPG will accomplish these objectives by:
• holding International Conferences on Geoethics;
• encouraging the establishment of both regional and specialty groups, meetings, research and field programs and publications on Geoethics;
• cooperating with national and international organizations whose aims are complementary to those of the IAPG;
• exchanging information through its members, with newsletters, publications or other suitable tools, social networks included;
• promoting the creation of working groups within universities and professional associations, for the development of Geoethics themes;
• encouraging the participation of geoscientists in the work of relevant international organizations on the basis of equal opportunities.
The achievement of the IAPG objectives will lead to the:
• increase of a research base and the strengthening of the Geoethics from the scientific point of view;
• identification of methods for its more effective application;
• reflection on the role that geoscientists can have in society and the identification of suitable forms, positions, means and actions to be adopted by them;
• growth of awareness about our responsibility, both as Geoscientists and as members of the human community.
and above all to:
• the involvement of the community in the idea of a common and shared “geo-heritage”, to be considered as a cultural, educational and scientific value, as well as a social capital;
• a cultural renewal in the way we perceive and relate to our Planet;
• the sensitization towards the defense of life and the richness of the Earth, in all its forms.
The IAPG is a not-for-profit association, legally recognized with public notarial deed of 21 December 2012.
The Constitution is available at: http://www.geoethics.org/constitution.html
What is the Paris Agreement under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?Have you read it?If not, you can do it here: …Continue
IAPG Symposia on Geoethics at the 35th IGC Call for Abstracts: Deadline is approaching The deadline to submit an abstract for the 35th…Continue